# Co-first authors. *Corresponding author.
- L. Liu*. Multiscale Structural Characterizations of Shaped Catalysts. Trends in Chemistry, 2021, in press
- L. Liu, M. Lopez-Haro, J. J. Calvino and A. Corma*. Tutorial: structural characterization of isolated metal atoms and subnanometric metal clusters in zeolites. Nature Protocols, 2021, 16, 1871-1906.
- L. Liu and A. Corma*. Confining isolated atoms and clusters in crystalline porous materials for catalysis. Nature Reviews Materials, 2021, 6, 244-263.
- L. Liu and A. Corma*. Structural transformations of solid electrocatalysts and photocatalysts. Nature Reviews Chemistry, 2021, 5, 256-276.
- L. Liu and A. Corma*. Isolated metal atoms and clusters for alkane activation: translating knowledge from enzymatic and homogeneous to heterogeneous systems. Chem, 2021, in press.
- L. Liu and A. Corma*. Identification of the active sites in supported subnanometric metal catalysts. Nature Catalysis, 2021, 4, 453-456.
- L. Liu, M.J. Climent, S. Iborra*. Biomass Processing via Base Catalysis. Biomass Valorization: Sustainable Methods for the Production of Chemicals. pp 57-80. Wiley, 2021.
- K.S. Arias#, L. Liu#, A. Garcia-Ortiz, M.J. Climent, P. Concepcion, S. Iborra*, A. Corma*. Bimetallic CuFe nanoparticles as active and stable catalysts for chemoselective hydrogenation of biomass-derived platform molecules. Catalysis Science & Technology, 2021, 11, 3353-3363.
- M. Puche, L. Liu, P. Concepción, I. Sorribes*, A. Corma*. Tuning the Catalytic Performance of Cobalt Nanoparticles by Tungsten Doping for Efficient and Selective Hydrogenation of Quinolines under Mild Conditions. ACS Catalysis, 2021, 11, 8197–8210.
- L. Liu, M. Lopez-Haro, C. W. Lopes, S. Rojas-Buzo, P. Concepcion, R. Manzorro, L. Simonelli, A. Sattler, P. Serna, J. J. Calvino and A. Corma*. Structural modulation and direct measurement of subnanometric bimetallic PtSn clusters confined in zeolites. Nature Catalysis, 2020, 3, 628-638.
- L. Liu, M. Lopez-Haro, D.M. Meira, P. Concepcion, J.J. Calvino and A. Corma*. Regioselective Generation of Single‐Site Ir Atoms and their Evolution into Stabilized Subnanometric Ir Clusters in MWW Zeolite. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2020, 59, 15695-15702.
- L. Liu and A. Corma*. Evolution of Isolated Atoms and Clusters in Catalysis. Trends in Chemistry, 2020, 2, 383-400.
- L. Liu, M. Lopez-Haro, C.W. Lopes, D.M. Meira, P. Concepcion, J. J. Calvino and A. Corma*. Atomic-Level Understanding on the Evolution Behavior of Subnanometric Pt and Sn Species during High-Temperature Treatments for Generation of Dense PtSn Clusters in Zeolites. Journal of Catalysis, 2020, 391, 11-24.
- L. Liu, M. Lopez-Haro, C. W. Lopes, C. Li, P. Concepcion, L. Simonelli, J. J. Calvino and A. Corma*. Regioselective generation and reactivity control of subnanometric platinum clusters in zeolites for high-temperature catalysis. Nature Materials, 2019, 18, 866-873.
- L. Liu, D.M. Meira, R. Arenal, P. Concepcion, A.V. Puga, A. Corma*. Determination of the Evolution of Heterogeneous Single Metal Atoms and Nanoclusters under Reaction Conditions: Which Are the Working Catalytic Sites? ACS Catalysis 2019, 9, 10626-10639
- L. Liu, R. Arenal, D.M. Motta and A. Corma*. Generation of Gold Nanoclusters Encapsulated in MCM-22 Zeolite for Aerobic Oxidation of Cyclohexane. Chemical Communications, 2019, 55, 1607-1610.
- L. Liu, P. Concepcion and A. Corma*. Modulating the catalytic behavior of non-noble metal nanoparticles by inter-particle interaction for chemoselective hydrogenation of nitroarenes into corresponding azoxy or azo compounds. Journal of Catalysis, 2019, 369, 312-323.
- E. Fernández#, L. Liu#, M. Boronat, R. Arenal, P. Concepcion and A. Corma*. Low-Temperature Catalytic NO Reduction with CO by Subnanometric Pt Clusters. ACS Catalysis 2019, 9, 11530-11541.
- A. Liu#, L. Liu#, Y. Cao#, J. Wang, R. Si*, F. Gao* and L. Dong. Controlling Dynamic Structural Transformation of Atomically Dispersed CuOx Species and Influence on Their Catalytic Performances. ACS Catalysis 2019, 9, 9840-9851.
- A. Liu#, X. Liu#, L. Liu, Y. Pu, K. Guo, W. Tan, S. Gao, Y. Luo, S. Yu, R. Si, B. Shan, F. Gao* and L. Dong. Getting Insights into the Temperature-Specific Active Sites on Platinum Nanoparticles for CO Oxidation: A Combined in Situ Spectroscopic and ab Initio Density Functional Theory Study. ACS Catalysis 2019, 9, 7759–7768.
- L. Liu and A. Corma*. Metal Catalysts for Heterogeneous Catalysis: From Single Atoms to Nanoclusters and Nanoparticles. Chemical Reviews, 2018, 118, 4981-5079.
- L. Liu, D.N. Zakharov, R. Arenal, P. Concepcion, E.A. Stach and A. Corma*. Evolution and stabilization of subnanometric metal species in confined space by in situ TEM. Nature Communications, 2018, 9, 574.
- L. Liu, A. V. Puga, J. Cored, P. Concepción, V. Pérez-Dieste, H. García* and A. Corma*. Sunlight-assisted hydrogenation of CO2 into ethanol and C2+ hydrocarbons by sodium-promoted Co@C nanocomposites. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2018, 235, 186-196.
- R. Millán, L. Liu, M. Boronat*, and A. Corma*. A new molecular pathway allows the chemoselective reduction of nitroaromatics on non-noble metal catalysts. Journal of Catalysis, 2018, 364, 19-30.
- I. Sorribes, L. Liu, A. Doménech-Carbó, A. Corma*. Nanolayered cobalt–molybdenum sulfides as highly chemo-and regioselective catalysts for the hydrogenation of quinoline derivatives. ACS Catalysis 8, 4545-4557.
- L. Liu, U. Díaz, R. Arenal, G. Agostini, P. Concepción and A. Corma*. Generation of subnanometric platinum with high stability during transformation of a 2D zeolite into 3D. Nature Materials, 2017, 16, 132-138.
- L. Liu, F. Gao, P. Concepcion and A. Corma*. A new strategy to transform mono and bimetallic non-noble metal nanoparticles into highly active and chemoselective hydrogenation catalysts. Journal of Catalysis, 2017, 350, 218-225.
- I. Sorribes, L. Liu, A. Corma*. Nanolayered Co–Mo–S catalysts for the chemoselective hydrogenation of nitroarenes. ACS Catalysis, 7, 2698-2708
- L. Liu, P. Conception and A. Corma*. Non-noble metal catalysts for hydrogenation: A facile method for preparing Co nanoparticles covered with thin layered carbon. Journal of Catalysis, 2016, 340, 1-9.
- L. Liu, T. Matsushita, P. Concepción, A. Leyva-Pérez and A. Corma*. Facile synthesis of surface-clean monodispersed CuOx nanoparticles and their catalytic properties for oxidative coupling of alkynes. ACS Catalysis, 2016, 6, 2211-2221.
- W. Zou, L. Liu, L. Zhang, L. Li, Y. Cao, X. Wang, C. Tang, F. Gao*, L. Dong*. Crystal-plane effects on surface and catalytic properties of Cu2O nanocrystals for NO reduction by CO. Applied Catalysis A: General, 505, 334-343.
- L. Liu, C. Ge, W. Zou, X. Gu, F. Gao*, L. Dong*. Crystal-plane-dependent metal–support interaction in Au/TiO2. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 17, 5133-5140.
- C. Ge, L. Liu, Z. Liu, X. Yao, Y. Cao, C. Tang, F. Gao, L. Dong. Improving the dispersion of CeO2 on γ-Al2O3 to enhance the catalytic performances of CuO/CeO2/γ-Al2O3 catalysts for NO removal by CO. Catalysis Communications, 51, 95-99.